Friday, January 15, 2010

Sister's visit

Well I had the wonderful opportunity to spend this past week with my oldest sister. She flew in on Sunday and I just took her to the airport earlier today. Thankfully my work schedule allowed me to take some time off and enjoy the week with her. I was going to post a picture of us together but we had serious picture fail issues when we tried... maybe next time.

Being with her is so easy, and that's partially because we are family, but beyond that we are very good friends. It is so wonderful to spend time with someone who knows you so well and the time spent is so effortless.

My sister recently went thru the hard and unfortunate loss of her beloved miniature dachshund, Margot. She was a sweet and wonderful companion and is dearly missed. Being with my sister and getting to help her grieve was a hard, but rewarding, experience. There are so many ordeals in life which just seem overwhelming in the moment, but there can always be something learned and I try to approach life in that way. That God is never going to give me more than I can handle, and that I can drink in knowledge thru these experiences, is something that I take peace and comfort in.

Love allows you to extend grace and patience even when you feel empty...

No comments:

Post a Comment