Monday, January 11, 2010

PIZZA BURGERS!!!


Week 2 of my New Years Resolution I decided to make a childhood favorite recipe: Pizza Burgers. This is a delicious and easy recipe that can be ready to eat in less than 30 minutes. I have often thought of making them but then for some reason never got around to it, but then my mom gave me an old family cookbook when I saw her over Christmas, and with my sister coming to visit, I decided that it was time to make the nostalgic meal.

INGREDIENTS:

1 lb. lean ground beef
8 hamburger buns
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 T. mustard
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 c. ketchup

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all ingredients except for the hamburger buns. Spread mixture on the hamburger bun and place on baking sheet. Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until the ground beef is cooked. OPTIONAL: add extra shredded cheese to top and return to oven on broil for 1-2 minutes.

I know that it seems like it will just taste like an open faced hamburger, but it doesn't. They are so easy to make, you may as well try it at least once. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Cathy made these tonight and they were most excellent! I put some Chulula sauce on them and revved them up a bit more.

    We loved them and look forward to the soup. Keep posting your recipies!

    Love,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked them! So easy, affordable, and DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete