Saturday, December 25, 2010

Grateful

I was just laying on my bed with my kitty napping peacefully on my chest thinking (I was thinking- not my cat...well maybe she was thinking too but probably was thinking about things like fish, and hairballs and stuff...so not the same stuff I was thinking about). While I stroked her soft fur, I felt such a strong wave of emotion come over me...again...it has been a tearful day, but in a good way I suppose... I still hate crying though.

There are many things to be thankful for on this wonderful Christmas Day. Things that I hope to hold close to my heart so that when hard times fall, I am able to grasp onto them and remember what is truly important. First and foremost, the reason we celebrate Christmas. Thank you God for sending your son Jesus to be born into this world so that He could be our Savior.

I am also deeply appreciative for the people in my life.

I spoke with all of my family members this morning, followed by a short cry after each phone call. To be so loved when so often I feel so unlovely is a powerful thing. The holidays are very nostalgic, and while I am so thankful for this place that feels more like home than I ever thought it would, there are many things that I miss about being close to family. I am grateful, however, that my parents raised me to be the independent person I am, who has the strength and confidence to spread my wings and fly.

God knew that when he moved me to San Clemente that I would need family. I am like water; strong enough to hold up a ship, but fragile enough to slip thru the fingers. I am aware of my need for love...not a big surprise for those of you who know me well. At the end of a day I can tell if I haven't been hugged enough, and so the sarcastic question of, "Does someone need a hug?" actually applies to me.

God provides. I was raised with a wonderful family with whom I still have strong and unique relationships with. Nothing will, or ever could, replace them. However, last night I was with family...maybe not by blood, but it might as well be. My precious friends whom God provided for me and the Boo are such a blessing to me. They have graced many of my blogs because of the great impact that they have had, and continue to have, in my life. All five of them are incredible individuals and for them I am so thankful.

Truly my life is rich. The people in my life make me rich. They are my gifts and treasures, my pride and joy, my silver and gold. To be surrounded by those who love you is a beautiful thing, and nothing brings me more to life than to see those around me happy and joyful. Be a blessing to those around you this season. Hold them close to you, express your love to them, and leave nothing left unsaid.

Merry Christmas my friends. May love, peace, hope, and strength be the things that cross your threshold.

No comments:

Post a Comment