Monday, December 27, 2010

Clarification

In writing a blog I am aware that I make some very private matters of my life public. I do this because I love to write, but also because I like to share in what I am experiencing, serious or nonsensical.

That being said, I also want to point out that not everything on this blog is about me; herein I am referring to the songs that I write. I completely understand that when you read my blogs that are clearly about my life, that then when you read a song I've written you may try and draw a parallel between them.

Please do not do this.

While sometimes my song writing is connected to my heart, often it is just something fun or an idea that popped into my head that I am jotting down. I incorporate my life, other's lives, movies, music, books, and poetry into my writing so it would be quite presumptuous that everything in my writing is about me.

Many of my songs have raised eyebrows and questions and I just want to put them to rest. If you feel like you have a direct issue about something and simply cannot let it go, I would ask that you consult me directly on it. As you know, I do prefer to not talk about what I write here, but understand that sometimes you may feel like something needs to be addressed.

I just wanted to take the time to clarify this issue and will probably occasionally post this as a reminder so that we all stay on the same page. I hope that you enjoy what you read, but understand that this is a personal and creative outlet for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment