Saturday, December 5, 2009

Holidays Starting

Why hello there!

Just got back a little bit ago from the Mission Viejo Mall shopping for a pair of black skinny jeans- which thankfully- was successful. You know what I'm talking about girls... it is SO disappointing when you set out to buy something specific and then you are unable to find it. But today that was not the case.

I was expecting the mall to be in state of chaos considering the upcoming holiday, but it actually wasn't so terrible- I guess it's not close enough to Christmas yet for people to be in their frenzied state.

I love the holidays. Thanksgiving ranks with me slightly higher than Christmas just because it is more laid back and is just about friends, family, and FOOD! But despite how much I love Thanksgiving, what I feel when I see Christmas lights and decorations around the city is indescribable! It literally puts joy in my heart I love it so much.

It is interesting how the holidays can bring up many emotions. I find that mostly I am happy around the holidays, and am just so grateful and thankful for everything that I am so immensely blessed with. But there is also a note of nostalgia that accompanies this season that leaves me longing.

HEAR ME OUT

So happy with where my life is right now. I love the husband and am so lucky to have him and our friends. I love living in San Clemente; it has become home more than I ever thought it could be. I love my church and my job; pouring my heart and life into both. So read the next with knowing these facts.

Growing up being so close to my family was such a blessing, and as such has made daily life more difficult as we are now far from all our family members. It is primarily this reason that there is a void. Holidays with my family were, simply put, the best. I recently told my sister that our family placed the bar unnaturally high for how fun holidays should be because I now have this crazy high expectation. Holidays were filled with reminiscing, games, and laughing till we cried. Holidays were inside jokes, our extended family, and endless teasing (which I won't lie- sometimes caused fights- but mostly stomach wrenching laughter). Holidays were good food, going to the movies, and always room for dessert. Holidays were being surrounded by unconditional love, and while we often didn't see eye to eye, knowing at the end of the day, we will always have each other. For these reasons holidays will never be the same, and I cannot hope to recreate them.

I do look forward to creating my own memories with my own children one day, but I know that these past holidays will always be special to me and am so thankful to my family members for their love and friendship.

LUVS

No comments:

Post a Comment