Wednesday, December 2, 2009

First!

Where to begin... the blank space intimidates yet excites me. I decided to start a blog at the urging of the husband as well as a few friends. Writing has been a passion of mine for a long time and only recently have I decided to pursue it more avidly. I expect that this blog will be an outlet in many ways, as the avenues I intend to write about will greatly differ from each other. At the end of the day, I hope that my daily (or nearly daily) postings will help bring light, encouragement, and laughter to other's lives.

It is not necessarily that I feel like I have an extraordinary amount of knowledge or insight to share, but I do feel like I communicate effectively, directly, and often comedically, through the written word... not to pat myself on the back too much.

So I guess I should share a bit about me currently... I live in San Clemente- a cozy beach city in Southern California. I moved here right after I got married about 3 and a half years ago from the Portland, Oregon area. And yes! It has been quite the transition moving from the Northwest to South Orange County... in some ways I feel like I've experienced a form of culture shock.

As I said earlier, I have been married for about 3 and 1/2 years, and am lucky enough to be married to my best friend. The husband is the best and he puts up with a lot... and I mean A LOT... I am a quirky, opinionated, stubborn handful and I know it. Currently no children but we do have two cats- which have become our little babies for now. We are actually more dog people (we want 2 dachshunds and a german shepherd) but the kitties (don't be fooled, they are cats, I just often reference full-grown animals as babies) needed a home so we adopted them.

I do administrative work for an aviation company in the legal department, which I am sure sounds like a yawn to most people BUT if you are type A and get a kick out of organizing, being extremely tedious about details, and learning about aircraft then it is actually really fun (really??? That's not most people? Well, I am sure it can't be just me...).

Well, I figure that's enough to absorb for one day. Talk to you later peeps!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment