Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pet Peeves

I have many pet peeves and to say that one trumps the other is like picking a favorite movie (well for me at least... I can't do it). Read on and I hope that the next time you experience one the following that you are able to at least share a little smile with yourself  in amidst the frustration. NOTE: these are not all my pet peeves... just the ones that popped into my head this evening.

1.) People who leave on their turn signals: is there NOT a clicking sound in everyone's car when the blinker is on? If not, this is a serious defect in cars and should be recalled with immediate effect and it should now be that the clicking noise gets exponentially louder the longer you leave it on. Pay attention and stop making me wonder if it going to be safe to pass you, or if you are just signalling for the EVENTUAL turn or lane change you are going to make in a mile or so.
2.) Writing checks in grocery stores: you DO realize that a debit card does the exact same thing right? Just wanted to check and by the way your transaction is taking FOREVER.
3.) When a picture gets taken of you and another person, and you look like crap but the other person looks really cute and they say, "what a great picture!" They know it's not a great picture... what they mean is, "What a great picture of ME!"
4.) When you are walking on a sidewalk and there are people taking up the whole sidewalk walking toward you but somehow they manage to not move out of the way by the time you reach them and then they look all annoyed like you are in their way.
5.) If you aren't capable of driving 65 mph maybe stick to sidestreets...just sayin'
6.) No, I'm not pregnant and unless you see a baby coming out of my vagina never ask this question (and maybe not even then).
7.) When you ask someone, "Guess how much this cost??" and you are obviously excited about how much money you saved and then they guess a totally ridiculously low price that is less than what you paid...congratulations...thunder stolen.
8.) Don't ask me a question, doubt my answer, and google it to see if I'm right... just google the answer next time.
9.) When I'm obviously all ready to leave and someone looks at me and says, "Is that what you're wearing?" Well not ANYMORE it's NOT! Grr...
10.) People who talk loudly on their cell phones in public places... talking on your phone is fine but they have, in fact, improved technology so that you can now speak in a regular tone. If you want to speak that loud then just put your phone down because I'm sure that they can probably hear you from miles away.

1 comment: