Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cute Dentist Precaution

It should be a law that when people, well in my specific case, MEN, are applying to dental school, that a photograph be submitted and reviewed by a panel. This panel would decide if the person is indeed "too attractive" to be a dentist.

Before people freak out on me and talk about how I am being prejudiced and short sighted- let me explain.

I had the pleasure of going to the dentist this morning (clean bill of health you'll be happy to know). My dentist is is great. He is nice, personable, professional... and also handsome. Now I am a married woman, and I am not(let me repeat, NOT) attracted to him, but there is something about having someone who is attractive looking at you intently while you are... well... not quite looking your best.

There are many things that are not appealing about dentist appointment: the wide open mouth, the pooling spit, the scraping of plaque off your teeth, the prodding at your gums with sharp objects, and, my personal favorite, trying to answer his polite questions while his fingers are in your mouth... not exactly ideal conditions. With me you also get the lovely accommodation of being beet red in the face the whole time.

I never realized how embarrassing this situation is because, well... all of my dentists prior to this were either female, balding, or significantly older. Maybe other people are more mature and well adjusted than I am so they are not affected by something like this, but I wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone else ever felt this way.

Anyone... ANYONE?????

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine what I would be like if I had a smoking hot girl as my dentist. But I'll have to leave it up to the imagination since all I've had so far are an older man, which does absolutely nothing for me and overweight middle age women that again, do nothing for me.

    What's up with them asking you questions while their fingers all in your mouth? That drives me nuts!

    ReplyDelete