Friday, November 5, 2010

Complete?

As many of you know our journey with the chemo therapy is currently complete. This morning the Boo had his PET and CAT scans which will reveal whether or not the cancer is gone. The technicians said that we would hear back Monday or Tuesday the results of the test.

So here we are.

Feeling like we are at the end of this journey but still awaiting final peace to roll into our lives. These last couple of months have worn us... well... I won't speak for the Boo... me down. In the beginning is was easy to find hope, peace, and strength; but as time wore on those things began to slowly give way to fear, doubt, and insecurity.

The waiting is the worst.

At this point I know that I do not have the strength within me to feel like I KNOW that the cancer is gone. Whereas I feel like it is gone, I can't fully believe it is, in the odd chance that it isn't (make sense?). If the scans were to reveal that the cancer is still prevalent, and I had already taken hold of KNOWING that it was gone, I would reach a new low and would be completely broken.

Concerning this matter, I hope what I have is to be one last request of you.

As I know that many of you who read this have been praying for me and Billy, I would ask that you would specifically pray that his scans would come back negative for cancer, and that regardless of the results, He would fill us with His strength so that we are able to handle whatever comes next in our lives.

Thank you all for your love and support. I know that we, as well as you, hope that this chapter is to be over in our lives soon.

Love ya kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment