Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fool

In your arms I felt safe to stay
safe to play, safe to make my own way
to your bed I gladly went, led by your hand,
I thought I could trust.

I looked in your eyes, I'd met my match
never knew how wrong I was.
how quickly I've been cast aside,
I thought I meant more than that.

[chorus]
now I've played the fool
your words are nothing but smoke and mirrors
I wish you'd be the man I thought you were
but I'm the fool being left behind

Anger rises like the tide, shame takes over my soul
there's no shower to wash me clean
you've left me stained for all to see

[chorus]

how many will it take before I learn
how many times will I have to burn
i want to laugh and I want to love
but you've taken that too

[chorus]

you've taken it all
but I'll rise again
can't say the same for you


P.S.: Before I get tons of crazy messages just remember that as a writer I can write about my experiences as well as other people's... and that when I write about one thing, it may actually be about something else. Cheers! :)


1 comment: