Saturday, March 6, 2010

Send it Up

On Wednesday, a mere three days ago, I told a friend what my weekend plans consisted of:
  1. visiting a friend in Santa Barbara
  2. leader's meeting for church
  3. deep clean the garage
  4. church (Meal together week- YUM!)
It is now Saturday morning and we are just awaiting a phone call. The plans that I had made are a distant thought. I sip my coffee, pray, sing with David Crowder (O How He Loves Us and Never Let Go are my faves right now-check it out-they are winners) and pet my sweet kitty, who is so sensitive to my mood and hasn't left my side today.

I don't feel scared...maybe just a little nervous. I don't feel mad or angry. I don't feel confused or frustrated. What I do feel is an enormous amount of peace and love. The outpouring of love and support from our family and friends is vastly overwhelming and a bit humbling, to think that we could be worthy of such great love.

The resounding amount of peace that I feel comes from my Lord and Savior. He is my strength, He is my hope, and He overflows my heart with love. I know that He has us in His hands, and for that reason I have no fear.

We wait for the phone call to know what time the Boo's surgery will be today. But while we wait, we don't fret, we take hold of our God and know He is with us.

Today my husband will have cancer removed from his body, but I am blessed and I know that my God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment