Monday, June 4, 2012

Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200 Dollars

Well, by the title of the post if you have not deduced I did not qualify for the marathon. I came in at a respectable 4:27 which I am happy with even tho I did not qualify. I could list off several reasons as to what went wrong and why it's not MY fault that I didn't qualify... but at the end of the day I didn't do it. I am so glad that I completed it tho and I am proud of myself for a new Marathon PR time.

One of my favorite parts of the day was getting to watch my friend (and training client) run across the finish line. I am sooo proud of her and she is a certified badass.

I know that one day I will qualify for Boston because I now have faith (well a little bit) in myself and my abilities and believe that I will be able to improve upon this by using it as a learning experience. However, that marathon will not be anytime soon... I need to fully forget how terrible running a consecutive 26.2 miles is... :)

3 comments:

  1. Good job Hol....you did good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did amazing Holly and you have made me so proud, the push that you gave to train for the race and the fight you out up in the race was one to not be dismissed as average...I know you feel disappointed because you didn't achieve your goal and anyone would but the true champions are the ones that simply say "I'll get you next time" and keep eight in going...I know you have that in you and I know you will achieve your goals ;-)

    Love your guard dog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, you are a complete rockstar! Great job!
    I know you didn't qualify, but you learned so much thru this process.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete